Posted on April 04 2016
Spring really has arrived now. There is the occasional spot of sunlight, I'm not freezing my plums (ahem) off every time I go outside and I have rotten awful hay fever. Ah, don't you love the Spring.
Well actually at Hook & Ford we do.
Why, you ask?
Well... it is a great transition time for wine. Firstly, it is the start of the growing season - next years wines are being born right now. Ah, how cute!
But, also, it is a time when wine drinking habits shift... So, here are our top wines for you to drink over the next couple of months.
- Albarino - Alberto Nanclares: Who doesn't want to go to Spain. Well, if you can't we can bring Spain to you. This is perfect with all sorts of Spring salads and fish dishes.
- Dao Branco - Alvaro Castro: Full of citrus fruits and apples, this is a refreshing way to welcome in the Spring sun.
- Force Majeure Rose: Spring is a colourful time, and so is this beautiful little rose...
- Envinate - Lousas vino de Aldea: There is never a bad time for red wine. But this one is great for Spring, with its light body yet full fruity flavour it's great with light food and a sunny day!
- LaTorricella Rose Champagne Method Sparkling: We should celebrate the birth of Summer. We don't get a lot of amazing weather days here in old blighty, but when we do you should celebrate with a bottle of this wonderful little pink number.
- Cape of Good Hope Sauvignon Blanc: Delicious, blossomy, fresh and mineral - perfect for a garden party!